CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »


An Adventure in Living, Loving, Laughing and Learning

Friday, May 27, 2011

how do you handle this?


There's someone in my friends life, who I really don't care for. How do you handle this?


He is a nice enough guy and can be really funny when he isn't being rude and anti-social, but he is not good enough for my friend. Ever feel this way? It's natural because your best friend is special to you and important and you know how great she is but he doesn't so that makes you worry. Worry...oh yes it does and I don't think he is good enough because he doesn't treat her well enough, not how she deserves to be treated. He's one of those kinda nice guys who are selfish and the person there with always gets left out because he is too worried about what he wants to be bothered to do nice things, support and contribute to the relationship.

It ends up being all one-sided, where she is always giving and doing and he just takes.


When I 1st was weary of him, wasn't because he was a new guy and we didn't know his story (still don't and this doesn't help, cuz you need to get to know someone to like them)

but it was when he lied to me! Hello, don't lie to the best friend and then get caught at that.

He said "I bought her a new iPod for her birthday and its in my desk at work, do you think its a good gift, will she like it?"

I knew she would love it and told him job good and I was actually really impressed......until her birthday came around and she got a different gift, one that was more for him than her. So I was like uh what about the iPod. He told me "We were in the store and I pointed it out and she said she prefers her old one better, so I didn't buy it and went with this instead".

Say WHAT?! he lied to me saying he already bought it but his story changed to I didn't bother buying it and bought this instead.

Yup, caught ya! right in a lie.


Well this wasn't the 1st time and probrably won't be the last time, he lies and his stories change.

It's so hard for me to respect him because of this and I honestly think he needs to step up and be a decent man because right now he's not good enough for her.


But what can you do? Except linger by and be there for your friend when she needs you and continue to support her whether its with him or not.

Of course, I will be nice to him and make him feel welcomed in the conversation etc. but I can't and don't respect him, not until he treats her well and her friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment