CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »


An Adventure in Living, Loving, Laughing and Learning

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Oh weekend

What a great weekend! Ever have one of those fun filled, amazing weekends that fly by?

Ours was, it was splendid even though it didnt start till Saturday morning (I worked Friday evening). I woke up before 8am to bake a cake for my friends baby shower, then headed to the gym before going to a nice cafe for lunch with my mom and sis.

Once I got home I finished the cake and waited for my guests to come for a sleepover.


These 2 little cuties:

Their mom said they were literally bouncing off the walls waiting to come to my house. When they arrived, we played the wii a little, played an imaginary game(with their rules of course) and we baked cupcakes. M. was waiting for "ritchies" to come home and kept asking how much longer. Once he arrived home they were both excited to see him and said he was gone a long time, lol too cute. Then we decorated cupcakes of course we let them each eat one.

We played Mousetrap and then changed into our pjs and snuggled up to watch a movie and of course have chips ;)


Around 8am this morning(Sunday) we heard 2 sets of little pitter patter feet sneak into our bedroom and whisper to wake us up. I pretended I was asleep and hubby told them it was ok to jump on the bed and wake me up, they did and had lots of giggles then I sprung up and they ran down the hall. We played and hubby chased them up and down the hall.


Then hubby made us breakfast and made the girls special heart and teddy bear pancakes:

The are 2 of the sweetest kids and are very well behaved, well-manered little cutie pies. It was so nice having them visit and of course they asked if they could come back for a sleepover soon and said Thank yous. Hubby said having them really maked him want kids :D



This afternoon I attended a friends baby shower for her 2nd little bundle of joy, another girl!

I was asked to make her cake and am very proud of how it turned out...

Vanilla soft sponge cake with buttercream icing and french vanilla fondant
I used a soccer ball cake mold for the belly and 2 cupcakes for the boobs

1 comment: