CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »


An Adventure in Living, Loving, Laughing and Learning

Thursday, March 10, 2011

C

C - the letter C
it's the 3rd letter of the alphabet
it's between B and D
it can be a big C of a little c
this letter is also the beginning letter of the scariest word


that word is cancer
with a big C or a little c
it's still a big word


You hear it often enough
someone who knows someone has cancer, beat cancer or died of cancer
or maybe a distance relative
Never anyone close to you
well at least not to me.



The word cancer can paralyze you
make you re-think so many things.
Realize that it doesn't matter if the house is in perfect order
or that you spent too much money at the store.


When you hear this word,
you are terrified and nervous;
you can't help but think about life without the ones you love
and are literally paralyzed at that thought.
Your heart hurts and the tears can't stop.
You sob and cry.
there is no comfort.


Tonight I found out my grandfather has cancer.
I never heard that word the way I heard it tonight.
He can't have surgery to remove the tumor,
so he will do chemo and radiation.
It makes me scared and nervous.
I cried and sob and cried more.



But I know that I need to be strong,
for him and my mom.
We all have to be strong and pray and hope for the best.
We are a strong family and can support one another.


I hope that my grandfather will beat it and be around for a long time to come.

1 comment:

  1. That is one word that is never good. I'm sorry you have to go through this. I'm sending good thoughts to your grandfather.

    ReplyDelete