CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »


An Adventure in Living, Loving, Laughing and Learning

Monday, September 20, 2010

More Wedding Bliss

I was in everything wedding heaven Thursday when my MOH k. and I went out on the town. She arrived the night before from Toronto, where is now lives but comes home for visits and there are frequent l-o-n-g phone calls which make it bearable.
We have gone dress shopping for the 1st time last spring when she was home and since then she has sent countless e-mails with dress links for me, ideas on decor and suggestions/thoughts.
k. has been incredible helpful and the plan for Thursday to to tear up the town on a wedding mission....which we did.
We met shortly after 9am and grab our coffess to go. Went to check out Micheals craft store and pick up some great flowers that were 50% off all their stem flowers. Next we headed to a rentals store and check things out, then went a nice drive to find a wedding boutique {little did we know that it wasn't even open yet, just setting up and it was not where we drove all the h**l out there} that was a fail but we check out a decorations place.
Then headed to a fab lunch and then to the dress shop - probrably my fav thing!
*Note: don't eat too much before trying dresses on*
I tried on only 1 dress at this place and was in AWE.....
I felt fabulous and beautiful and like a bride
(not like I was trying on a wedding gown but a bride)
k. took wayy too many pictures(since you're not suppose to)
and the dress number is recorded and in my mind all the time.
I didn't purchase it though because I don't wanna rule out other places I havent gone yet and I still have to go dress shopping with my mom.
For here, we headed over to a stationery store but did not find it (see a trend). It had recently moved so we were not sure. we didn't find the shop but we stumbled upon a new house with a sign reading "OPEN, come in" and so we did and then a guy showed up and we ended up looking at 3 more houses! Ha - we went hosue hunting as well, how would have thought!?!
Later on, we went to another bridal boutique to try on dresses. This is where one of my bridesmaid and her daugther, my flower girl and my mom met us.
My flower girl was so excited and tried on several dresses and oh and ah-ed at us when we came out. Both of my lovely ladies tried on styles that were gorgeous!
I tried on some gowns but none came close to the other one.
It was a great day and its not hard planning a wedding, its fun and just a lot to do.
Next on the list:
- find that stationery shop
- look at some bakery around town

{inspiration for my cake}

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you were busy!!

    Pretty cake too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm dresses. It'll be cute to see Ms Flowergirl all dressed up. She's adorable already as it is.
    Pretty sure I'm going to need a wedding planner if I ever get married. It sounds like a lot of work, and flowers and decorations aren't really my thing. But dresses... I like dresses.
    Really hoping to make it up on the 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake is gorgeous!!! Sounds like you found the one (dress) :)

    ReplyDelete