CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »


An Adventure in Living, Loving, Laughing and Learning

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Teaching

Today started off great. I had the most wonderful cup of coffee, seems small but is amazing when you have 5 minutes to enjoy great coffee before 25 kids come into the classroom. This morning when I just arrived at school, where I'm a student-teacher doing my internship, I went into the office and it was the nicest thing to see --- a guy I went to high school was in for the vice-principal, another girl I know from the education program this year came in and a supply who finished her ed degree last year was there. It was just a warm nice feeling I got from seeing all of us young people in there starting our careers and some taking off. It was re-assuring a well because of course I am worried about getting a job when I'm finished.

Today I also had my 1st formal teaching evaluation done by my professor and I was so nervous that I could feel myself overheating, but it went GREAT! The Math lesson I taught was done well, the students understood and behaved well and I was told how much he enjoyed watching me teach AND that he thinks that I was under the radar during this last school year (which is prob true, I did well but not exceptionally well and I didn't stand out for any reason) and that he was impressed!!! YAY for me!

"It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative impression and knowledge"
Albert Einstein

1 comment:

  1. That would be so nice to hear.. that he enjoyed watching you teach. You'll be a great teacher.

    ReplyDelete